Summary: Responsible for the supervision and execution of projects as Etegra’s primary professional services coordinator from initial project inception through completion. The Senior Project Manager provides operational power by developing and maintaining the company’s architecture/engineering procedures. Management of assigned projects in a manner that meets customers’ expectations and ensures that work adheres to all company policies is required. This position reports to the Programs Director.
- Acts as the company’s primary contact for the client and handles communication and coordination with the project team.
- Manage projects through effective communication, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability.
- Assists in the development, review and approval of construction plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions, budgets and staffing requirements.
- Provides technical support to marketing for bids and proposals.
- Manages, expedites, and supports consultants’ and construction document submittals, budgets, and schedules.
- Maintains and fosters contacts with consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Prepares monitors and periodically reviews project progress with project schedule against milestones and set project dates.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all members of the project team, confers with them and assures that proper communication and documentation are taking place.
- Assists with the development of new Architecture/Engineering standards and maintains and improves existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices.
- Interacts closely with internal teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are met.
- Prepares scope documents, exhibits, budgets, specifications, schedules, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Leads or participates in project meetings and conference calls.
- Produces quality architecture/engineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance with discipline, project, company, utility, and industry requirements and standards.
- Participates in architecture/engineering, design, and construction review processes.
- Interprets plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to architecture/engineering and construction.
- Establishes and monitors project hours, delegate’s project work to track the hours of the project. Takes appropriate corrective measures to prevent budget overruns. Identifies additional effort for changes in services and pursues modifications to the contract.
- Oversees the proper close-out of the project.
- Additional duties as required.
- Communication Proficiency
- Leadership skills
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility/Integrity
- Customer/Client Focus
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences, in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 15 years related experience/training.
- Strong desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- Must be a strong team player or able to work independently
- Self-driven, detail-oriented with analytical mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass background check, drug screen and have acceptable driving record
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While on-site, the employee may lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires travel, including but not limited to, travel to local and nonlocal project sites, training, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Dependent on workload, hours may be somewhat flexible, and some late evenings and weekends may be required.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Etegra, Inc. is an e-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer.