Summary: The Site Lead, Construction Inspector Assessor candidate, will be required to complete comprehensive facility condition assessments on a wide range of buildings for existing owners and potential purchasers. We anticipate the successful candidate spending up to 40-60 percent of their time carrying out site-based assessments and leading a team of individuals doing similar tasks. This position will likely require travel for up to several weeks at a time. The bulk of the project load will be done on DoD and Federal Facilities, which require comprehensive background checks and security clearance. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of various building types, construction systems and repair/replacement methods. Knowledge or experience within historic preservation is a plus.
- Completing comprehensive and high-quality visual condition assessments of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, as well as building envelope, roof, and interior assessment to a variety of building types throughout the U.S.
- Reviewing available building information and drawings to determine building construction and evaluate whether the installed systems are adequate for current building use.
- Identifying and developing facility repair and replacement options to satisfy the project objectives of the client.
- Some development of detailed cost estimates for implementing maintenance and capital expenditure projects.
- Handling multiple condition assessment projects in a condensed timeframe. Providing strategic advice from a client facing position and successfully deliver projects
- Serving as on-site POC, in some instances as the Alternate Project Manager, able to assist with logistics, and make critical project decisions.
- Will be the first line of Quality Control check for the information gathering and will assist in writing Drafts of Reports.
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Facilities Management, Construction, or an associated Architecture/Engineering field.
- Minimum of five years of field experience on a variety of facilities; or proven work experience.
- Knowledge of BUILDER SMS software is preferred.
- Knowledge of RS Means Cost Estimating software is preferred.
- Must be able to apply technical training to perform basic calculations, work well in a team setting, and be willing to work diligently to learn new skills
- Computer literacy and a demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Must be able to pass background check, drug screen and have acceptable driving record.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in office areas. It can be loud in the lab with testing equipment running and in the field on a typical construction site with heavy equipment. The Technician must regularly lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. A good sense of balance would be equally important as a safety issue and the ability to stand for extended periods while in the field.
Travel is required with this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Dependent on workload, hours may be somewhat flexible, and some late evenings and weekends may be required.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Etegra, Inc. is an E-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer.