Summary: Responsible for the supervision and execution of projects as Etegra’s primary professional services coordinator from initial project inception through completion. The Senior Architect plans, supervises, and coordinates project activities to ensure a high quality product and service while achieving the goals and objectives of the project within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel. The Senior Architect will also, in some cases serve as a Deputy Project Manager. This position reports to the Discipline Leader, Architecture.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of proposals and additional service requests.
- Supervises the activities of other staff in preparation of contracts with the client and the consultants.
- Follows hours allotted for work plan and staffing for each project phase. Delegates work assignment of appropriate personnel and consultants as appropriate.
- Performing the BIM/CAD Implementation Plan for the project may include clash detection and conflict resolution based on the complexity of the project. The BIM/CAD Manager defines the minimum requirements for all BIM/CAD projects. The Project Architect will follow the requirements as outlined in the BIM/CAD Execution Plan for their duties.
- Prepares monitors and periodically reviews project progress with project schedule against milestones and set project dates.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all members of the project team, confers with them and assures that proper communication and documentation are taking place.
- Oversee production of drawings, specifications, reports, cost estimates and other documents and assures that quality standards are maintained.
- Verifies that staff is following procedures with respect to filing of electronic information.
- Ensures that building codes and all client standards, guidelines, criteria, etc. are met.
- Assures coordination is taking place (during all project phases) between in-house disciplines, consultants, client, client’s consultants and contractors.
- Establishes and monitors project hours, delegate’s project work to track the hours of the project. Takes appropriate corrective measures to prevent budget overruns. Identifies additional effort for changes in services and pursues modifications to the contract.
- Oversees the construction procurement process including assisting the client in establishing list of bidders; obtaining competitive bids; evaluating bids.
- Represents, advises and consults with the client during construction administration, while overseeing all other construction administration activities.
- Oversees the proper close-out of the project.
- Additional duties as required.
- Communication Proficiency
- Leadership skills
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility/Integrity
- Customer/Client Focus
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of eight years related experience/training.
- Professional registration
- Must be able to research, plan, design and administer building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, building codes and materials.
- Consult with client to determine functional and spatial requirements for new structure or renovation, and summarize information regarding design, specifications, color, equipment, furnishings, estimated costs and construction time.
- Develop building and site designs in conjunction with our consultants including the evaluation of alternative building materials, building systems and equipment together with other considerations based on program, budget and aesthetics.
- Presents and explains design of the project to client and other team representatives.
- Coordinate all components that will comprise the building project including site, interiors, structural and MEP/FP disciplines and integrates these elements into a unified design.
- Must possess working supervisory and production knowledge of electronic software systems (such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Adobe) as required for assigned projects. With the rapid nature of evolving production methods, the position may be required to learn new software to perform the basic job duties.
- Take an active role during construction administration to represent, advise and consult with the client.
- Maintain an organized project file documenting the entire design and construction process.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While on-site, the employee may lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires travel, including but not limited to, travel to local and nonlocal project sites, training, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Dependent on workload, hours may be somewhat flexible, and some late evenings and weekends may be required.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Etegra, Inc. is an e-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer.