As a member of the technical staff, the Project Manager – Civil Engineering is involved in all aspects of complex projects from inception to conclusion. The Project Manager – Civil Engineering provides operational power by developing and maintaining the Company’s engineering procedures. Management of assigned projects in a manner that exceeds customers’ expectations and ensures that work adheres to all company policies is required. This position reports to the Department Manager, Civil Engineering.
- Manage projects through effective communication, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability.
- Assists in the development, review and approval of construction plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions, budgets and staffing requirements.
- Provides technical support to marketing for bids and proposals.
- Manages, expedites, and supports consultants’ and construction document submittals, budgets, and schedules.
- Maintains and fosters contacts with consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Assists with the development of new Engineering standards and maintains and improves existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices.
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding some Civil engineering activities.
- Interacts closely with internal teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are met.
- Prepares engineering scope documents, exhibits, budgets, specifications, schedules, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Leads or participates in project meetings and conference calls.
- Produces quality engineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance with department, project, company, utility, and industry requirements and standards.
- Participates in engineering, design, and construction review processes.
- Interprets plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction.
- Additional duties as required.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Deadline Oriented
- Customer/Client Focus
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years related experience/training
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) License required
- Experience in Site and Utility design preferred, but not required
- Experience in Roadway and Highway design preferred, but not required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred, but not required
- AutoCAD Civil 3D familiarity required
- MicroStation familiarity preferred, but not required
- Strong desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast paced, results-oriented culture
- Must be a strong team player or able to work independently
- Self-driven, detail-oriented with analytical mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass background check, drug screen and have acceptable driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires travel, including but not limited to, travel to local and nonlocal project sites, training, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Dependent on workload, hours may be somewhat flexible, and some late evenings and weekends may be required.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Etegra, Inc. is an e-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer.