Why Choose Etegra?
Etegra is a full-service 8(a) Architect-Engineer (A-E) firm. Our services include architecture, engineering, and construction management. Our clients are primarily in the public sector, composed of state, local, and federal agencies such as the GSA, VA, NGA, and DoD. Etegra is looking to diversify our engineering workload into commercial and institutional projects.
If you have a strong desire to be a part of a high-growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture, Etegra is the place for you. Within the last three years, Etegra has experienced significant growth and can offer you a stable place to grow your career path. We work with you to help achieve your professional goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Possesses extensive knowledge in Electrical (power, lighting, fire alarm and potentially telecommunications) engineering design.
- Proficient in electrical engineering design programs such as AGI, SKM, etc.
- Performs site investigations (may include travel).
- Performs energy calculations.
- Provides engineering project time management and scheduling.
- Provides analysis of existing HVAC installations, develops HVAC scope to address deficiencies.
- Estimates projects through use of estimation spreadsheets.
- Generates written proposals identifying a detailed scope of work, qualifications and pricing.
- Develops project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Maintains various equipment and vendor contacts to call on when needed to select equipment.
- Creates or modifies existing electrical drawings using Revit or AutoCAD; and has the ability to efficiently layout equipment and devices on a drawing.
- Manages, expedites, and supports construction document submittals, budgets, and schedules.
- Assists with the development of new Engineering standards and maintains and improves existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices.
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding electrical engineering activities.
- Interacts closely with internal teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are met.
- Prepares engineering scope documents, exhibits, budgets, specifications, and schedules.
- Leads or participates in project meetings and conference calls.
- Produces quality engineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance with department, project, company, utility, regional electrical entity, and industry requirements and standards.
- Participates in engineering, design, and construction review processes.
- Leads and conducts value-engineering studies of alternative design approaches.
- Interprets plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction.
- Leads or assists with investigations of electrical-related issues, including root cause analysis as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 7+ years of significant project experience
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD (preferred) and specifications writing and editing