Summary: The Proposal Manager is directly responsible for the coordination, development, preparation and production of winning qualifications, bids, proposals and submission documents, often management multiple bids at one time.
- Managing the Firm’s Bid & Proposal tracking systems and databases.
- Assisting with the capture, uploading and updating of project data and the creation of new past performance sheets as needed. This will include identifying, obtaining, selecting and/or creating suitable high quality graphics and imagery.
- Managing major bids and proposals particularly with regard to content collation, graphics preparation, print production and delivery/dispatch utilizing MS Word, InDesign and other Adobe Suite products.
- Developing and maintaining proposal systems, including, but not limited to: win themes, messaging, outlines, story-boarding, etc.
- Managing submissions via client e-procurement sites including downloading enquiry documents, checking for clarifications and uploading queries as well as the final submission.
- Providing thorough reviews of solicitations and providing sound Go/No-Go advice and recommendations.
- Ensuring all appropriate stages of the bid management process (planning, preparation, reviewing, refining and finishing) are completed.
- Providing and/or obtaining creative writing input to bids and maintaining overall control of editorial content, including liaison with project teams as necessary to develop engaging and compelling client-facing messages.
- The continuous improvement and raising of proposal document standards in terms of visual image, style and content.
- Preparing presentations and qualification packages as required for interviews.
- Coordinating on/offsite meeting and appointments in relation to qualifications, bids, proposals and submission documents.
- May also staff trade show and promotional events as needed.
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university (preferably Marketing or related discipline).
- 3-5 years of experience/related training preferred, but not required
- Possess strong interpersonal and decision-making skills; must be able to interact in person and virtually with individuals at all levels
- Self-driven, detail-oriented with analytical mindset
- Proficient in copywriting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires up to 15% travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days may vary dependent on work load and travel requirements.